Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What A Day It Was At School!

Wriiten by Jack Prelutsky
Illustrated by Doug Cushman
Scholastic, 2006
39 pages
Poetry Collection

     This is a precious little book of poems. The cat on the front cover is on each page, in each illustration. It is infered that the poems are all about him, and I thought that was a neat thing to do for a poetry collection. This is a book that I borrowed from my CT. Every poem deals with a situation at school from the point of view of a student. One of my favorite my favorite poems is called "Teacher's Pet". 

     The illustrations are adorable! As I said before, the little kitty in the blue overalls is in each illustration for each separate poem. The pictures are fun to look at because there are a lot of things going on in them that aren't mentioned in the actual poems. The colors are soft and very pleasing to the eye. The illustrations were done acrylics.

     This poerty collection is approprate for all ages! I love it and laughed all the way through it! This collection has a lot of classroom connections! There is a poem talking about being in math class and the students struggling to learn about fractions! There is also a poem called, "I'm Learning Our History". The end of the poem says that we are making history now! I think the best thing that a teacher could pull from this collection is that the little kitty tries really hard at everything he does, even though he may not always succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment